Portable Generator Cover
Every GenTent on the Market Is Independently Lab Tested and Rated For:
- Up to 70 MPH Forecast Winds
- Hurricane Force Precipitation (12" per hr)
- 18" Snow Load (55 lbs)
- Flame Retardant (NFPA 701) rating on canopy and component pieces.
- Waterproof dual-coated vinyl - made from rip-stop material - with welded seams.
If you own a portable generator with a perimeter between 70 and 128 inches, GenTent has a weather protection solution for you. Your portable generator needs to run safely in snow, rain and wind, so it needs a solution to keep out wet weather without causing hazards like overheating. You may also move your generator to different locations, so you want a cover that moves with you.
GenTent portable generator covers use marine-grade vinyl with reinforced seams and tear resistance to keep your generator safe in many weather events. The tents also include a solid frame to keep generators protected even during high wind conditions.
We have two cover kits for sale for open frame portable generators:
- Direct connect kit: Using GenTent self-attaching clamps, you can connect this kit directly to rounded vertical frame posts.
- Universal kit: If your portable generator uses squared or blocked posts, this kit uses adapters and clamps to attach to the generator frame.
Benefits of Portable Generator Covers While Running
If you're looking for a portable solution to keep your generator safe from inclement weather while running, here are a few reasons to choose GenTent covers:
- Weather protection: This tent will keep your generator dry and protected in wet weather and windy conditions, shrugging off rain of up to 12 inches per hour and wind gusts up to 70 miles per hour.
- Safety: We submitted this product to independent lab testing to verify its safety and usability.
- Perfect fit: With two kit options and a flexible fit, our products ensure that you can find a tent for your generator.
- USA-made: We manufacture our safety tents in the United States to ensure top quality and create American jobs.
Find the Right Fit for Your Generator
We were the first company to produce portable running covers for generators and have sold the product since 2012, so you can trust GenTent to provide the best generator covers on the market. If you're looking for a cover for your portable generator while running, explore our universal or direct connect kits, or enter your generator make and model above.
Direct Connect Kit
FOR GENERATORS WITH ACCESS TO ALL VERTICAL FRAME POSTS
- Rounded Vertical Frame Posts
- Generator Perimeter Ranging from 80"-104"
- Uses GenTent Self Attaching Clamps to Attach Directly to Vertical Posts
FOR GENERATORS WITH SQUARED FRAME POSTS, OR BLOCKED POSTS
- Squared Vertical Frame Posts
- Blocked Frame Posts from Muffler Heat Shield, Lower Electric Panel etc.
- Adapts Smaller Generators also with Perimeter Ranging from 76"-104"
- Uses GenTent Universal Adapters and Clamps to Attach Generator Frame
Clamp it, Frame it and Cover it in three easy steps to WeatherProof your Power™!